There are many schools and teachers available, but the Anderson Institute of Music and Performing Arts (AIM) specializes in providing professional level education and professional level performance opportunities in voice, instrument, dance, acting, musical theater and songwriting.
Private students, performers, and choir members of AIM come from communities all over the West Valley. We manage the West Valley Children's Choir, Sun Valley Choir, the IMPACT Foundation, and the performance groups - "The Ensemble" and "Dance Impact".
There are many schools and teachers available but AIM specializes in providing professional level education and professional level performance opportunities in voice, all instruments, acting, music theater & songwriting. Many of our students have gone on to professional careers and universities across the United States including Boston School of Music, ASU, Berkelee School of Music, USC and American Music and Dramatic Academy.
Voted Top School in Arizona by the Discovery Channel. Watch the Overview Video.
Our professional staff teach all instruments including piano, voice, guitar, strings, woodwinds, brass, percussion, orchestral, and specialty instruments including ukulele and banjo. In addition, teachers in the AIM dance division have collective professional experience that spans decades including ballet, jazz, lyrical, tap, and hip hop. AIM offers ballet by certified American Ballet Theater (ABT) instructors. AIM offers professional level education and training in musical theater and theater dramatic arts. Through the Anderson Theater located in Avondale, all AIM students will have access to gaining experience and building a professional résumé through professional shows and concerts scheduled throughout the year.
AIM is proud of its private one-on-one In-Studio lessons for beginning, intermediate and advanced levels. Each person is unique and each student is given one-on-one private attention for maximum learning. Group workshops in music, acting, dance, performance refinement and songwriting are also offered for those who wish to take their skills to another level of professionalism.
AIM offers monthly casual community performances in various venues plus two annual formal performance recitals. In addition, AIM offers Summer Camps, musical productions, weeknight and weekend singer-songwriter-vocalist and performance workshops each year. And for those who need to build a résumé for auditions and/or professional work in Phoenix, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago or Nashville, AIM offer theater and Music Theater readings and recording/vocal coaching services through its subsidiary SkyWalk Records.
The Anderson Institute of Music and Performing Arts, also known as AIM, strives to give the individual performer and student a high caliber of education and performance opportunities. AIM provides different avenues to help its students reach their goals through the following ways:
- One-on-One Instruction
- Group Classes
- Performance Opportunities such as formal and informal recitals, public performances and - coming soon - the Anderson Theater and Performing Arts Center
- In-house professional recording through AIM's recording studio and record label SkyWalk Records.
To help our students reach their highest potential
21055 W. Main Street
Buckeye (Verrado), AZ 85396
General facts about the Institute:
The Year Established
Number of Locations
Students Helped Since Opening
Number of Instructors
Achievements and Awards:
- AIM awarded the Official Best Performing Arts Education for the entire state of Arizona in 2013. AIM is the 1st business receive this award in Arizona!
- AIM awarded the 1st place Entertainment Award in Dance by Next Level Regional Dance Competition
- AIM awarded 9 High Gold dance awards in Jazz, Contemporary, and Ballet by L.A. Dance
- AIM awarded the Official Best Performing Arts School for the entire state of Arizona in 2014 in Dance, Music, and Theater
- AIM's Production Show Fashion Fantastico – Phantom of the Opera is ranked as the 8th Best Show in Phoenix in 2011.
- AIM awarded the prestigious designator as the professional Music and Dance provider to all Lockheed Martin staff and families in 2013 and 2014
- AIM awarded the contract to provide elementary and middle school students live Theater instruction in 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- AIM vocal student Kaitlyn Hacker selected as opening act for 2013 Jazz Festivals in Phoenix, Arizona and San Diego, California
- AIM songwriting student Katryna Eastwood's song "Copper Wind" selected for Title Track Song to movie "Copper Wind" in 2013
- First School to have 3 locations in Arizona
- Awarded Official Best Performing Arts School in 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Won multiple 1st Place awards in Next Level Dance Competition
- Won multiple 1st Place awards in Starbound National Dance Competition
- Featured on Discovery Channel, CBS Entertainment, ABC 13 and AZ Ch. 3
AIM Music and Dance students opened for:
- Berlin, ft. Terri Nunn, 2017
- Tommy Tutone, 2017
- Dramarama, 2017
- Aaron Carter, 2017
- Skai Jackson, 2017
- Molly Hactchett, 2017
- Diamond Rio, 2017
- John Michael Montgomery, 2016
- Rachel Platten, 2016
- Three Dog Night, 2016
- Sugar Ray, 2015
- Rick Springfield, 2014
- Barenaked Ladies, 2013
- Andy Grammer, 2012
- The Romantiks, 2011
- Bad Voodoo Daddy's, 2010
- Beach Boys, 2009