AIM does not set a minimum or maximum age limit. Every individual is endowed with unique skills, maturity, patience and abilities. AIM staff will determine and assess a baseline for each music, dance and theater student and will provide feedback as to the level, curriculum and whether the student will benefit from the type of training available at AIM.
AIM admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the School. It does not discriminate on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, race, color, or national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and other school-administered programs.
AIM seeks students whose talent and commitment to excellence promise future achievement in their chosen areas of major study.
New: Take skills assessment
Returning: Recital Evaluations
New: Fill out AIM application
Returning: Review and confirm on file information
Select Group Classes
Schedule private instruction or coaching sessions
See our tuition and fee section for more information
We don't offer financial aid at this time but we do offer discounts
- Military Discount – $5 off monthly bill for those who serve in the US Armed forces or its allies
Fees & Tuition
One-On-One private instruction
- $25 for each 30 minute session
- $37.50 for each 45 minute session
- $50.00 for each 60 minute session
Workshops & Group Classes
- Call for more information and for accurate pricing on classes
Come in for a Visit
Visiting AIM offers you the chance to observe, ask questions, and experience the atmosphere that makes the School unique. AIM's welcoming community encourages prospective applicants and their families to visit and take a tour.
While visiting the Anderson Institute of Music and Performing Arts, you may wish to attend one of the many student performances or try out a class. Performances are open to the public; the majority of which are free of charge. Please visit the Calendar of Events to search for performances that will coincide with your visit.
Types of Tours
Group tours are available on a very limited basis during the school year (August -May). Group tours may be requested by contacting our offices. Requests should be submitted no less than three weeks and no more than two months in advance of the desired visit. Because group tours are offered free of charge and are intended solely for prospective students, requests must be submitted by a teacher or group leader. We do not arrange tours for travel agents or tour companies.
General tours of the Anderson Institute of Music and Performing Arts or its theater are available to prospective applicants. Currently enrolled AIM students can share their personal experiences as AIM, which can be especially informative to prospective applicants and their families.
A limited number of class observations are available on weekdays during the academic year. Please note that due to limited space within classrooms, requests will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis. We are unable to accommodate groups for class observations.
Dance & Music — for prospective students who plan to apply, arrangements to observe academic and/or performance classes can be made on an individual basis.
To request an observation of a class:
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the prospective applicant's name, age, and a brief description of their prior training. Include the desired class. All requests will receive an e-mail response. Photography and video recording are strictly prohibited during class observations and tours of AIM.
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com
- Include the prospective applicant's name, age, and a brief description of their prior training
- Include the desired class. All requests will receive an e-mail response
- Photography and video recording are strictly prohibited during class observations and tours of AIM
ENROLLMENT & PAYMENTS
Please see the 2016-17 enrollment packet by clicking here
Failure to pay will result in a $20 late fee and/or loss of lesson time with teacher. In such a case, the lesson day and time may be forfeited to another student on the waitlist.
REGULAR ATTENDANCE & MISSED CLASSES
- Regular attendance is required for all group classes as ALL AIM dance and theater classes rely heavily on each enrolled student's presence for choreography and rehearsal purposes.
- If more than two classes are missed, unless under extenuating circumstances, the student's lesson day and time may be forfeited to another student on the waitlist.
CANCELLING / DROPPING
- A minimum of a two (2) week notice is required prior to dropping any music, dance and/or theater class or private lesson.
- If the student drops a class before the semester is completed a balance may be due depending on how many taken classes have been unpaid
- Only three make-up lessons per semester are given.
- In order to cancel a class and receive one of the two semester make-up lessons, you must notify the office within 24 hours of the scheduled class.
- Emergency situations will be dealt with on an individual basis; however, a no call and no show to a scheduled lesson with a teacher will result in no make-up lessons.
- All cancelled classes – not at fault of teacher – must be made up within one month of missed class. It is the responsibility of the student to schedule make-ups with Office Admin Staff and NOT the teacher.
HOW DOES Anderson Institute of Music & Performing Arts COLLECT AND USE MY INFORMATION?
When you register for classes at the Anderson Institute of Music & Performing Arts, we collect contact information such as guardian names, addresses, phone numbers, emergency contacts, e-mail address and student information such as student names, birthdays, medical conditions, and your comments. Some of the information is required and is noted with a red asterisk on the forms. This information is needed to manage studio business and will not be used or sold for any other purpose, except as described below. Some of the information is optional (NOT marked with a red asterisk). Optional information is requested to help us better understand our customers and is used only as needed for studio business. This information will not be used or sold for any other purposes, except as described below.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO MY INFORMATION?
When you register, you are required to enter an e-mail address and a password. The combination of that e-mail account and password is used to ensure that only you have access to, and only you have the ability to modify, your personal information through the Anderson Institute of Music & Performing Arts' website. The Anderson Institute of Music & Performing Arts office personnel have access to your personal information only to manage the studio business.
The Anderson Institute of Music & Performing Arts will access your personal information for the following purposes: (i) as needed for studio business; (ii) if required to do so by law or to comply with legal process; or (iii) to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the public.